Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may submit your resume and any other materials by clicking here.
The Real School of Music is an innovative growth-oriented leader in private music instruction and one of the fastest growing private music schools in the nation. Representing much more than weekly music lessons, Real School has been described as being like a "health club for musicians" – a place where students of all ages belong to a living, breathing music education and performing arts community.
In addition to individual instruction, Real School students participate in youth and adult ensembles in a variety of musical styles. They gain access to recording and production opportunities in our in-house recording suite and perform live shows in our nightclub style performance space and also at local area venues. Students are welcome to use our state-of-the-art facilities for practice, rehearsals or impromptu collaboration any time.
We also attract world-class talent to supplement the Real School experience. We have recently hosted clinics and performances by Erika Van Pelt, Robin Lane, Jeff Coffin, Felix Pastorius, Jeff Sipe, Greg Hawkes, Gail Ann Dorsey, J.D. DeServio, and Jim Hurst, as well as Gary Willis, Dino Govoni, Peter Calo, Tim Ray, Steve Hunt, and Dave Mattacks. This exciting new concept for music education has enjoyed rapid growth, as reported in the Boston Globe and in dozens of local/regional media outlets. Real School is unlike any music school you've ever seen, and represents career opportunities most music educators can only dream about!IS REAL SCHOOL RIGHT FOR YOU?
Real School is seeking best-in-class, career-minded professional music educators to help us expand our footprint in greater Boston and beyond. The company plans significant expansion over the coming months and years, with an aim of ultimately growing to over 100 locations. The combination of our unique business model and our organizational expansion represents unparalleled career opportunities for leading musical instrument instructors. We have a high bar, but the rewards of joining our winning team are second to none.
"Witnessing students of all ages thrive and enjoy what they are learning is one of the greatest rewards of being part of such an innovative music community "- Vykki Vox
|What you can expect from Real School...|
|- EMPLOYMENT: You gain all inherent benefits of being formally employed, including payroll services; automatic tax deductions; company contributions to FICA, unemployment insurance, and workers compensation; pre-tax contributions to health insurance; and various other legal protections not otherwise available to independent contractors. At Real School, you'll be treated like the education professional you are, not forced to accept the "raw deal" of contractor status.|
- HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS: Real School contributes substantially to your health coverage starting at just 25 hours per week.
- VACATION/PAID TIME OFF: All full-time Real School faculty will earn 12 paid days off per year, including 7 paid holidays, and a full week of academic shutdown in late August.
- BONUSES: We recognize that established, qualified instructors are a valuable commodity and, as such, we will award you a Student Transfer bonus for every student who chooses to follow you to Real School. In addition, instructors can earn an Instructor Referral bonus for referring qualified instructors who join Real School's faculty.
- PROFIT SHARING BONUS: Full-time instructors are invited to participate in our Profit Sharing Bonus plan. We set aside 5% of our profits to fund this plan.
- SPLASH: Every five years, full-time instructors receive a four-week sabbatical called a "Splash." In addition to your 12 paid days off, you receive four additional weeks of paid vacation during the month of August. Enroll in a course, take a road trip, or just sit on a beach sipping umbrella drinks, all while getting paid! This is our way of thanking you for your loyal service.
What Real School can expect from you...
Real School's mission is: "To promote the joys and benefits of learning to play and create music, while enriching society at-large by restoring music as an elemental part of our cultural expression." This may seem a bold mission, but Real School's professional faculty and staff successfully execute on our mission each and every day. And while our company is viewed as an innovative thought leader in music education reform, it is the contribution of our world-class faculty that continually drives us toward improving, enhancing, extending and accelerating the ways in which we deliver music education to students of all ages. We take this responsibility very seriously. Although Real School is a fun, exciting, upbeat place to work, we maintain high expectations for our faculty, encouraging them to challenge the status quo, test the boundaries of how we might improve the quality of service delivery, and create new and effective ways to raise the bar. With this said, our faculty are also passionate about teaching. They possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. They are charismatic, with an ability to reach and activate students of all ages and proficiency levels.
WHAT WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR:
Voice Instructors, String Instructors and Piano Instructors
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in music education), or life-experience equivalent.
- Advanced degrees, curriculum development experience, and/or scholarly publication would be to your advantage.- Notable experience as a live performer is a plus.
- Preferably a minimum of five years professional teaching experience with beginner, intermediate, and advanced students.
- Instructional competence in multiple instruments is desirable, but not required.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills key for working with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A willingness to participate in faculty showcases, external events, and student concerts and recitals is a must.
- Advanced knowledge in general music theory and a personal catalogue of diverse musical styles is a plus.
- You must be willing to prioritize a career in music education ahead of other interests.
Burlington - Seeking a private piano instructor with several days of availability.Andover - Seeking a private piano instructor with several days of availability, with the possibility of joining our Yamaha Music faculty in the next session.
Yamaha Music Education System Faculty Position (Andover only) –
Demonstrate comprehensive ability in piano performance, keyboard harmony, sight reading, sight singing, ear training, and theory
Have a desire and aptitude for teaching all ages and a genuine dedication to teaching beginning musicians
Minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience
Open to training, feedback, coaching, support, and ongoing development
Ability to successfully pass the Yamaha Grade Examination (http://www.yamaha-mf.or.jp/english/grade/)
Be eligible to work in the US
Have reliable transportation
About the Role:
Teaching load may include a mix of private and group (YMES) classes and lessons
Schedule may include weekday afternoons/evenings, and/or weekends (flexible based on availability). The position(s) can grow to become full-time with strong income potential
About the Yamaha Music Education System:The objective of the Yamaha System is to develop each student’s comprehensive musical ability in an environment that inspires a love of music and a lifetime of active music participation. The courses teach students to express themselves creatively through the language of music. As their education progresses, they build performance, improvisation and composition skills. This approach has produced award-winning professional musicians, successful music teachers, and millions of music lovers worldwide.
Are you ready for the Real School experience?
If you are currently teaching independently, or at a local store or studio, ask yourself the following questions: "Where is this job taking me?" "Where will I be in five years?" "Am I living up to my potential?" If you don't like your answers; if you want to graduate from a job to a career; if you want to become part of an elite team shaping the future of music education, then don't hesitate! Send your personalized cover letter and resume to Mr. Bancroft at email@example.com. No phone calls please.